Friday, July 28, 2006

Fantasy Island-Northwoods Style


Today was my last f****** day at work before my vacation! I went in at 6 a.m to get crap done before my replacement came in for her trained monkey orientation.

It is currently over 90 degrees in my house but life will get markedly better starting tomorrow. I will be spending the day with my knitting comrade (actually I am her comrade since I am the communist) in the air conditioned comfort of the yarn store.

Then I will have two days off to prepare for my first real summer vacation as we go to our own version of fantasy island. There will be no midgets or dapper gentlemen in white suites, just our own island with lots of water, camp fires, smores, and my best friend through elementary school, high school, and college that I haven't seen in about 12 years.










There is much rejoicing!

No comments: