Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Domo Arigato!

There is nothing like finding a great deal. Once I saw the Japanese crafting book posted over at Kuky Ideas,I knew I had to try to get my hands on the book. I contacted her to ask her if she read Japanese and she doesn't but she thought she wouldn't have trouble making the animals. And they are so cute! Or shall I say kawaii?

Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place but I just can't find any toy sewing books made in the states like the ones in Japan. Being from Flint Michigan, I'm used to having Japanese quality kick America's butt, apparantly it also extends to soft toys as well.

I followed the link on Kuky's website and went through the ordering process only to find that shipping will be more than the book and the total transaction will be around $65.

Not.

Then I found it on my favorite Asian ordering site
http://us.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.aspx/code-j/section-books/pid-1004692178/

and with shipping, it is $21.74.

SCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRREEEEEE!

First project? SHEEP!

No comments: