Dear Democratic Friend:
Recently I received your missive concerning the impending Republican National Convention at the Excel Energy Center right here in Minnesota.
While I realize the Republicans chose Minnesota to host their National Convention due to the fact that Minnesota is a critical swing state in the presidential election, I cannot stress the following fact enough:
Eight years of the Bush Presidency, six years of Tim Pawlenty, and countless years of ineffective leadership in my hometown of Duluth, MN has left me without the resources to donate to your appeal.
I, unfortunately, have something that is called a brain which I use occasionally to do things like sit down and respond to letters that irritate me to no end. You know, like the letter I received from you today. I don’t need a letter to point out the following:
· My grocery bills are through the roof
· My gas bills are through the roof
· My property taxes are through the roof thanks to the false boost in home prices due to the recent travesty that has been the boom/bust of the realty market. For some reason, as home prices are falling, no one seems inclined to right this wrong.
· My kid’s school has a list of supplies a mile long because the school has no money
· My family does not have health insurance although there are two full time wage earners
· We are faced with possible unemployment should my spouse’s job end
I don’t need you to tell me that the Republicans don’t have the answers. I know this. What I will tell you is that I’m not too sure that the Democrats do either. I vote Democrat because you’re not Republicans, not because you’re so incredibly impressive.
No, I will not be donating to the Democratic Party. If you’re interested in donating to our family though, we’d be pleased to accept.
Have a wonderful day!