Sunday, May 31, 2009

Tangents. Tangents Are Good!

I think I've mentioned this cookbook before...




Thanks to the marvelous chocolate chip cookies coming out of my oven right now, I'm mentioning it again. Along with the fabulous sandwich bread my son and I made last weekend, this cookbook has yet to let me down.

I think it boils down to the fact that America's Test Kitchen is SOOOOO anal retentive about trying a recipe a million times that I don't feel the need to try to change anything. Yes, it explains everything in excruciating detail but that also helps me learn and take that knowledge to the next cookbook that doesn't seem to do it right.

Plus, last week I found out what kind of tea they serve at the Saigon Cafe down on First Street. For the last year, I have avoided soda and have started drinking a lot of hot tea. Never have I been so pleased as when I drink the tea at Saigon Cafe.

Not being a tea-geek, I learned from the waiter that it was jasmine tea. When I got groceries yesterday, I found me some loose leaf jasmine tea.

Chewy gooey chocolate chip cookies and jasmine tea?

ROCK ON!

No comments: