Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Identity Crisis

I've only had one person come up to me in public and ask "Do you blog? You look familiar."

So, yesterday when a woman approached me and asked "Are you Debbie?" I wasn't sure if she was talking to me or my friends. I must have crinkled up my face and given here my best "Have you taken your medications today?" look.

"Ummmm, no..." I replied.

And then she walked away and suddenly I looked at my friend and she looked at me and I went "DUH!" and I chased this poor woman down. Just like a crazed wombat.

Sorry about that!

I have one legal name, one soon-to-be-legal name and one pseudonym.

I don't know who the hell I am anymore.

But yes, I am Debbie. If you see me on the street, say hello. And be prepared to walk away after the encounter, shaking your head and thinking "She's coping awfully well for being mentally challenged."

1 comment:

Anne said...

Welcome to my world. I have went through life with 3 names. That's why I don't have a personal message on my cell phone voicemail because it depends on who you are, who I am. Boy, are we screwed up or what?

I have been reading your blog for about a month. I am excited for your visit.

Love ya, Anne