Monday, August 03, 2009

The Brave Little Poster

That blog title may be the highlight of my day. I'm just saying...

Hey, I experienced a break through today! I managed to collapse and sob my eyes out.

No, not over the divorce that will never end.

No, not over the name change that will never end.

No, not over the fact that my wonderful daughter is moving far away in less than two weeks.

No, not over the bank account, the doctor bills, the car repair, or nonexistent peace in the middle east.

It was because I couldn’t get my damn hold button on my phone unstuck.

See? That’s why I couldn’t figure out the slippery cheese on my crackers! I should have considered telecommunication issues!

Reality? There are times when boning up on a few realities can help.


For non-offending parents

Understanding the non-offending parent

Abuse and the non offending parent

Stages of grief

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was reading through some of the links you posted, and I would really like to hear your thoughts on whether offenders can actually be rehabilitated at all.

Debbie said...

I think there are so many different scenarios out there that putting down a blanket statement regarding all of them would be wrong. There are some people who will never be "normal" by the standards of society. Then there are the people that try to help themselves via professionals.

Do I think they "get better"?

No.

Do I think that they might live the rest of their lives and not re-offend?

Perhaps.

I think that once a person has "gone there" and gotten their sexual satisfaction via children, that will always be in the back of their minds. They might be having sex with an adult but they're probably fantasizing about the little girl next door.

I don't think they should ever have contact with kids again. I don't think they should ever be trusted again.

How they choose to "recover" has to be between themselves and their therapist but I would never, ever let my child be around them.