Monday, October 05, 2009

Perhaps She Was Just A Young Writer On A Bus, Dreaming A Young Writer's Dreams

Dreaming about the future is an amazing activity. I highly recommend it.

When was the last time any of us really sat down and said "In five years, I want to be doing this and I want to be doing it here..."

God! It's a hard thing to come to terms with the fact that you have been sleepwalking through life. I started "leaving" in my head a couple years ago. I told myself "anywhere but here".

Things are certainly more precarious now, but I can actually think for a change. I am formulating my plan, I'm dreaming, I'm checking out potential job markets, and I'm even being so bold as to look at real estate listings in the part of the country where I want to be.

Yeah, there's still the plan to hang out here until high school is done and college is started. That will just give me time to do the whole school thing myself.

But it just lifts my spirits.

Possibilities, hope, planning, and forward momentum.

I'm ok with that.

No comments: