Thursday, November 12, 2009

The Dangers Of Painting With OCD

When it comes to painting two very different colors, I start to think about the success rate of cutting your own hair.

Oh! This side is a little shorter than that side. Let me fix that!
Wait a minute! Now the other side is shorter! Let me just give that a little trim...

oh damn.

Well, you always did wonder what it would be like to look like Moe from the Three Stooges.

Here, the conversation is going something like this: Oh there's a little bit of red paint on the white...let me just fix that...ooops. Now that's a little too much white. Let me wait for that to dry and then I'll just touch it up again.

Now, times that conversation by 10,000.

I'm going to live with this for a few days, noticing spots and putting up sticky notes by each one. Then, perhaps I'll be able to go through in one fell swoop and fix stuff.

And three days later, I'll fix stuff again.

And three days later...

No comments: