Monday, September 17, 2007

Filthy With Fiber

I'm baaaaack!

The retreat was a blast and I am filthy with photos















Sturgeon Lake was still there and still peaceful. I went on a wander a couple times and took some Blacklock type photos.





































It may look like I'm deep in philosophical musings but really I'm just wondering if there are still cookies left in the dining hall.

For starting this blog out as a craft blog, there has been dreadfully little creative content of late.
But there was spinning this weekend. A ton! Well, not quite a ton, more like three pounds.

Three pounds of roving! Of course I wasn't exactly spinning laceweight but I wasn't tying up the QE2 either.




















When I got tired of taking arty nature photos and tired of spinning, I decided to take arty spinning pictures






















































There were also classes





















rug hooking















weaving




















pretty baskets by Nancy
















stuff to buy




















troublemakers




















and of course, hair gel demonstrations














































The show and tell revealed Nancy's stunning wall hangings





















Lynne's hat, born of the devil




















and Ruthie's butt cheeks



















In the interest of full disclosure, Ruthie and Lil were heading for the sauna. We do limit show and tell to fibery things...

One thing that we found out was that Lynne and Nancy were packing pork...



















This little piggy was named Reginald and was created by Nancy's brother, the artist formerly known as Steve. Nancy was tired of having a big metal pig in her yard (to go along with the 11 foot tall palm tree) and she and Lynne decided to participate in a "Drive By Pigging".




















Reginald was loaded in the van






















The pork procession began (which is a little different from 'pork processing')






















I followed the guilty party to their final destination...


A mutual friend's garden of whom I have previously blogged!

They wanted to leave Reginald on the lawn with the note "You have been the victim of a drive by pigging" but Reggie's new mamma was working in her garden when we drove up. She gave a squee and Reginald's new home was born...






















He will join the shark eating the frog

















The alligator eating the gnome
















The chicken's party















all those bowling balls
















and the bastard children of June and Ward Cleaver






















When I see how happy Reginald is now, I get a little teary





















and now he lives in my neighborhood.





















I think I'll have to go and visit him every now and then.

1 comment:

Senja said...

That looks like fun! I would be interested in the retreat some time maybe, since I live near there too. And there's sauna! Dude, I'm there.