Saturday, November 10, 2007

Unintended Consequences

So, I'm halfway through my two weeks of cutting out gluten, sugar, and dairy. I've decided to drink a glass of milk with dinner each night to calm the barking dogs in my head (they also like tequila but alas, it is not to be). I am amazed at how much mobility I now have in my hands. I actually went a whole day without pain meds.

And as someone commented, it comes down to being more vigilant about what I'm eating and as far as cravings go, I've been doing a little visualization exercise which is working out just great. I used to be a paramedic and I've got a few things that I collectively block from my memory because they were, how shall I say it? Dis-GUST-ting!

Well, whenever I start craving a chocolate bar or a piece of bread, I just remember some of those things. Most notably, the person who sort of died in his trailer in 100+ heat and wasn't discovered for a couple of weeks.

Oh yeah. Problem is, now I go into the grocery store and when I pass the candy rack, all I want to do is hurl. Put THAT in a Hershey commercial.

No comments: