Friday, November 09, 2007

Who Made This Horrible Mess????

Dear House,
I know that I have been ignoring you lately. Well, more than just lately, for the past few months actually. It's not that I don't love you, I've just been busy.

I know, I know, it's wrong to take you for granted, but when I spend way too much time tracking down donations for Charitable Crafters and you know, doing important stuff like curing cancer and halitosis, housework takes a back seat.

Perhaps I am just setting you up to appear on an American version of "How Clean is Your House?"
Quick answer: not very!

I'll try to do better. After Thanksgiving. Maybe.

Love, your family.

Footnote:

Yes, we naturally drift toward the cluttered look and thankfully I've moved our donations out to the garage for the stuff a stocking project, but since I started to accumulate donations, everyone else thinks it's ok to also accumulate. Need to walk to the bathroom in the middle of the night? Good luck maneuvering the piles and just wait to see how wonderful it is to call 911 at 3 am for a broken neck when you've fallen down the stairs in the nude.

After next Saturday, the donation gathering will come to an end. Our project will reach it's pinnacle and all this stuff will go away.

All the donated stuff that is.

And maybe I'll be able to find that Merry Maid that wandered into the house three months ago and hasn't been seen since. Maybe THAT'S where that horrible smell is coming from...

No comments: