Thursday, December 13, 2007

Do you hear what I hear?

I have now joined the twenty-first century...Finally!
I am now the owner of this
I didn't mean to get the latest, greatest thing. I've been wanting a way to, you know, play music and all and my CD's have been languishing, unloved for quite some time.

Nothing like having your kids take your toy out of your hand and say "8 Gigs???? Mine is only 2 Gigs and I can't fill it up and you don't have nearly as much music as I do!!!!"

I am not worthy, apparently.

So my younglings have been introducing me to the downloads. This has been sending me into daydreams of all the musicians on my Ipod hanging out at a party together. I kind of like the idea of Marilyn Manson and Edith Piaf kickin it on the balcony, enveloped in a cloud of cigarette smoke, looking scornfully at all the posers.

2 comments:

Shelly said...

We have arrived at the same place at the same time...need the mp3, even though I love my CD's, or, maybe BECAUSE I love my CD's. I have purchased one (or more) of these devices for everyone in the household over the past few years, except me. Of course, they didn't get the snazzy, billion gig variety, either, just, the basic models. Me? I'm getting a nice one...mothers earn these things, don't you agree?

feisty said...

CDs are now just the sometimes-necessary (but wasteful) medium to get music. the fast internet connection and the nicely searchable itunes and/or amazon downloader work for me!