Thursday, December 06, 2007

They make Jesus look even better

I finally dropped off the last of the Charitable Crafter stockings this morning to Loaves and Fishes for their holiday party this Sunday. I have to say that I absolutely love that organization. When you run an organization like Charitable Crafters, there are a lot of people that draw conclusions about you before they even meet you. I had a local far right religious publication approach me to do a story about Charitable Crafters but they had to "clarify" some things first. They were a little disturbed by the fact that I had quotes on our website from many different religious traditions...why did I do that???? I was, after all, Christian...right???? Why would I be catering to the heathens????

Needless to say, the story didn't get written.

But then there are groups like Loaves and Fishes. They come from a far different religious idiology. You know, the religious people that think you shouldn't hate people because they are non-Christian, or black, or gay, or brown, or poor.

The people that work there have something about them that just shines through everything.

And since I can't quite express well enough about how I feel, how about one of my favorite songs? This is, perhaps, one of the few covers of a song that I like as well as the original.

If you're looking for a place to unload scads of cash before the end of the year, why not think about the wonderful folks at Loaves and Fishes?


No comments: