Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Best in Show

I was up waaaay to late last night. (Waaaay being relative...I won't even tell you how early I usually go to bed. I have a reputation to maintain after all.)

I was up watching the Westminster Dog Show. Yeah, anyone that knows me can just hush right now.

As I told my husband when he questioned my sanity last night, I was just watching for the hot Corgi action.

And to mock and ridicule.

I realize we all have to have hobbies but when you are forking out that kind of money to buy a dog and do all the shows and get all the points it takes to get to Westminster, you could at least get a decent outfit to wear.

And a really good support bra.

I haven't been to the very back aisles of Petco but I'm guessing that they have a rack of clothing for humans called "The Westminster Collection". My sense is that they are 100% polyester and very washable. Of course, there is a big run on the same color jacket and skirt with the white piping that accents every seam as well as the stylin' lapel pocket. It must be a pretty good deal as I saw three women wearing the same hidious outfit.

And I'm all for physical exercise, especially when it's done by someone else, but you must be a realist when it comes to bouncing boobage. If the only exercise you get it running your dog around the show ring and your bra size has eclipsed a 50 DD, might I recommend that you skip the gourmet kibble for at least a couple months and get fitted for a support bra? A Very Good Support Bra?

My daughter and I also livened up the event by supplying the sound effects for each dog as they ran around the ring.

Probably not an activity befitting the show's illustrious 132 year history.

No comments: