Wednesday, April 30, 2008

NO BOK CHOY!

I finally got info on a local CSA that I am going to join and like a total nerd, I'm looking forward to July and my first crate of veggies. I had gotten a mailing from a different CSA and when I looked over their list of veggies, I think I recognized exactly two. While I realize that expanding my vegetable horizons would probably benefit me greatly, I can see being up to my eyeballs in bok choy and not having a clue what to do with it. Needless to say, as exhausted as I've been, culinary adventures aren't high on my list when I get home from work.

This CSA has wild rice and honey as well as maple syrup.

Great. Now I'm hungry.

I'm also going to be making another call out to the buffalo farm next week to see if they have some more patties in stock. I have some people at work that are interested in trying some as well...Finally! I can reach my lifelong goal of being a bringer of meat to the masses.

Since I'm doing the CSA, I'm hoping to avoid the guilt of not putting in a veggie garden this year. If I don't have the energy to sit upright in a chair for an extended period of time, I'm betting that gardening also won't be high on the priority list. I might just order some seeds from my favorite little catalog and just grow some flowers. Or perhaps weeds?

No comments: