Wednesday, November 05, 2008

One Brief Shining Moment

For all the people sitting around us at the DFL party at the DECC on election night, all I can say is a coupla three or four drinks ALWAYS brings out the best in everyone.

And we were NOT stalking local politicians.

And the political stickers on my friends boobs were tastefully hidden by her jacket, until that is, she went into flasher mode.

And my daughter screaming that "You can't see Russia from the White House"? Well, you have to admit, it was rather funny.

And last but not least, the amount of ingested alcohol had nothing to do with the real tears at the end of the evening. I have always voted in every election. I have never been proud of my country until last night. My daughter doesn't remember Clinton and Gore when they were first elected. She only remembers Monica and scandels and deception. And then she remembers Bush. While not old enough to vote, she is more than ready to do what she can to straighten this shit out.

But not before a little ironic fun...If you haven't seen V For Vendetta, you are not invited to The Revolution.

"People should not fear their government, Government should fear their people."

Remember, remember, the 5th of November...


No comments: