Friday, February 27, 2009

Today's Forecast-Partly Bitchy With An Increase In Malaise

It's 4 am and I'm checking to see if schools have been canceled yet. When there isn't school, I don't have to go into work. There is nothing like the site of two teenagers and one adult transfixed by the tv screen. It's bigger than the Super Bowl around here. It's the trill of victory and the agony of defeat.

Thus far, it's pretty agonizing.

My daughter and I finally got word that our victim's reparation funds were approved and we get to go to our initial intake for a counselor this morning. Unfortunately, it appears that we must return to school and work after that.

Damn Mother Nature!

I don't know why I'm so disappointed. I'm spending the weekend with friends and a snowy trip to the cities really wouldn't be a good thing.

Still.

Damn Mother Nature!

Both dogs are staring at me right now. The fact that I am up and about means that they, of course, need to go outside. Just because I'm two hours earlier than usual means nothing.

And it's snowy.
And cold.
And I am feeling horribly un-Minnesotan today.

Nice ain't got nothin' on this bitch.

Damn Mother Nature.

As any high school floosie will tell you, if you're gonna do it at all, you might as well go all the way.

Or so I've heard.

No comments: