Monday, March 09, 2009

Read My Back

Instead of having the omnibus hearing today, I worked through to the end of the day and then my daughter and I went to an important appointment for me.

I wondered if I dared post this because I know what some people will say...I shouldn't have spent the money on it. Well, after spending our tax refund on getting the walls fixed and a new hot water heater, I decided a little mental health treat was in order for the last bit.

I've wanted a tattoo for years. YEARS! It was something that everyone in my entire life was against. From teen years to adulthood, everyone that had any kind of a stake in it was OPPOSED.

I think within a week or so of my life hitting the fan, I told my daughter that at least I knew one thing for certain...NOW I WOULD GET A TATTOO.

It took quite a long time to figure out what I wanted. I watched enough episodes of Miami Ink to know that I didn't want something that was too self explanatory. I wanted a little mystery. I wanted something that someone could admire without having to ask for the back story but something that could adequately illustrate my life over the past three months.

About a month ago, it hit me. I remembered the scene from the original book of Alice in Wonderland, a book in which I LOVE the illustrations.

Alice meets the Cheshire Cat and asks him which road she should take. He asks her where she wants to go. She tells him she doesn't know and so he responds, "Well then, any road will take you there."

I'm at a crossroads. I'm lost in the woods. I'm looking for someone to help me and meeting nothing but oddballs and weirdos. Well, I guess that means I'll need to find my own way...



(It's about an hour old in this photo)


I also learned, in this Alice journey, that Lewis Carroll wrote the Alice stories about his six year old neighbor girl. A girl that he had a less than wholesome fascination with.

Rumor has it though, he only ended up writing stories about her and writing about his desires in his personal diaries. Hmmmm. Perhaps he made a choice, kind of like Alice does in the forest. He chose not to be a pedophile.

Wow. Choices....

Well, that my dearies, is what my tattoo is saying for me.

4 comments:

Shelly said...

That is one AWESOME tat! Congratulations! My best friend just got one a few months ago, too, after wanting one for a very long time.

Guinifer said...

Wow! Beautiful, and ow.

Anonymous said...

Ow. Ow...ow...ow...

Rebecca Hartong said...

Heh, heh.... that was my response too!

Owie! Owie! Owie! Owie!

I'm surprised they did the entire tat all in one sitting. I thought something that big they'd break up into at least a couple of sessions.

Lady, you must have nerves of steel to have sat for as long as that must have taken! (But then... we already knew that, didn't we? :-) )