Wednesday, April 15, 2009

The Harkness Countdown

The hearing for our name change will be Monday, June 8th at 9 am at my new second home, the St. Louis County Courthouse.

I'll be stopping by STBX's lawyer today to drop off the papers that need to be served. I have three amigos that I am bringing with me (I only need two but I'm taking no chances on hearing day. Flat tires and bouts of Ebola Virus will not get in my way of having the required amount of people there.)

My witnesses are friends of close to ten years. TEN YEARS! That's a combined experience of thirty years! That is a whole lot of puttin' up with our nutball family.

Two of my witnesses, I'm sure, will be calm and introspective. If STBX shows up to object, I sincerely feel that they will not resort to violence or verbal attacks.

My third witness? Beeeyotch! IT IS ON!!! (And she will know I'm talking about her when she reads this. Love ya K.!) She is the friend that you want to have by your side when words fail you because words NEVER fail her.

I'm sure when her husband reads this he will confirm my assessment as well.

So. Seven weeks. At least I have SOMETHING to look forward to.

No comments: