Thursday, June 25, 2009

Don't Let That Carapace Crack

Tomorrow will be here very soon.

Allow me to introduce myself. I am the mistress of the profound statement.

Remember that scene in Lord of The Rings, The Two Towers when Theodan muses, before the battle, "How did it all come to this?"

Yeah, that's kind of where I'm at right now. Except without the kick ass sword or horse.

Note to self: Get a kick ass sword and horse before court tomorrow.

There is a certain feeling of relief in the knowledge that it will be over in 28 hours.

But there's that slow motion thing going on in my head, the one where the camera focuses on the doctor's lips right as he's saying "We've found that the lump in your breast is..."

Cancer?

Benign?

What will it be? And how many rivers of bullshit will we have to ford before getting to the other side?

On a far happier note, I'd like to let everyone know that due to amazing generosity from friends and strangers alike, my son will be able to attend summer camp. He'll be going to Space Camp at a university and he will be surrounded by members of his own species, herds of nerds. Loveable, wonderful, beautiful nerds.

Thank you.

As they say when hurtling through space on a trip around the moon, right before radio blackout with NASA Control:

See you on the flip side.

2 comments:

Guinifer said...

I am so glad he gets to go to camp! Somehow I doubt it will be filled with mini-GOP!

Anonymous said...

First time reader. Duluth resident. Husband,father and dog lover.

I really enjoy your blog. It's knit wit. Honest, real.