Wednesday, June 17, 2009

For Your Consideration

Do me a favor. Please.

When you're planning your weekend, plan to see the movie "Up".

It's the best kid's movie that I've ever seen.

My daughter saw it a few days ago and said, first of all, Dug the Dog was our dog Kirby. Yup. Spot on.





























And that it was so sweet. And so sad. And so wonderful.

The first five minutes had me sobbing. It was the sweetest, most concise montage ever.

I went with my son as my daughter left today for her first day as a residential camp counselor. We had dinner and a movie and at the end, we were both wiping our eyes.

I'm not going to give anything away but I will say that at the end, on the car ride home, my son made an observation about the little boy in the movie who was estranged from his father.

"It was so sad. He was such a sweet kid and he only wanted to have his dad love him."

And that's when my heart broke.

Go on now...go get your ticket...off you go...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HA! Off you go. Off you go now. Off you go!