Monday, August 17, 2009

Shopping Down The Rabbit Hole

I'm about to take a jar of raspberry cordial to work. A jar without a real lid.

Saran wrap and good intentions. A dangerous mix.

But the cordial? Deeeeelicious! It's like drinking my garden.

When I was in the cities this weekend, my friends took me to a new shop that is my exact personality, thrown together and put on a shelf. Or many shelves I should say.

Unfortunately, I don't see that they have a website yet but you can find directions to their shop if you click here.

Lila and Claudine's is a yarn shop and a treasure hunt and your grandma's attic. You have to go through it a few times and even then, you'll miss something.

It's what happens when an artsy fartsy person opens a shop. There is yarn, beautiful yarn, but there are so many other things as well. Candles, shirts, cool jewelry, kitschy things and weird things and wonderful surprises.

Of course, when I found out that one of the owner's is an Alice In Wonderland fan, I started to notice all of the Alice stuff throughout the store. I even found this necklace which is the photo I used for my tattoo. The fact that I got my tattoo to signify that I was at a crossroads in my life and looking for direction and the necklace came with a compass attached to it made me squee.

Alice in Wonderland

And the compass really works!

Perhaps, if I'm lucky today, I'll get lost and need to use it.

No comments: