Friday, November 16, 2007

What do you mean by mean?

I have a dog.

I like my dog.

This does not mean that I like your dog.

This does not mean that when you bring your dog to work, I want to see your dog.

This does mean that when you tell me you brought your dog and I give a noncommittal "mmmm", that I am not interested in meeting your dog.

This does not mean that you need to bring your dog over to where I am working like a Japanese beaver and have him stand behind me and stare over my shoulder at the computer screen.

This does not mean that I want to pet your dog when you repeatedly let him get in my face and repeatedly say "he wants you to pet him. he wants you to pet him. he wants you to pet him.

This does mean that I will be highly unimpressed when you take your dog into the lobby and do a Westminster obedience thing while you are supposed to be working.

This does mean that none of us really give a damn.

That is what I mean by mean.

No comments: