Friday, March 20, 2009

When Nerds Come Blinking Into The Light

It's such a blast to meet people that I haven't seen in months. Simultaneously losing close to a hundred pounds and getting a divorce are the perfect set up for my favorite line:

Them: "Oh my God! How much weight have you lost???"
Me: "I've lost 240 pounds of depressing ugly fat! I'm getting divorced!"

Yeah, it loses something in print but the expression on people's faces when they're trying to work it out in their minds is priceless.

A really amazing thing is happening lately. I actually have this thing called a "social life". I found it flabbergasting to have a CONFLICT in my social calendar in which I had to CHOOSE where I wanted to go on a Friday night.

Dude, it's like a nerd marrying the prettiest girl in class. No one can fathom how it happened but it's kind of fun to witness.

Not to say that I've abandoned early evenings, snuggled up in bed with two full seasons of Buffy The Vampire Slayer on my Ipod, or hot bromance from Torchwood on a quiet Wednesday evening, but having little flirty conversations on the phone with a cute guy every now and then does a girl some good.

Life's good when you're 240 pounds lighter!

1 comment:

Shelly said...

Isn't it the best? I use that same line..."lost 280 pounds of dead weight..." HA!