Monday, May 25, 2009

Progress...Ho!

Two weeks from today, the Shaddox family will cease to be. The name Shaddox will no longer be an anchor around our neck.

Because I have amazing friends, I have had a couple offers of free furniture to redo our house with. They know that the construction and renovations that I have had done on our house have one purpose. To exorcise demons. To make this our space, not his.

They also realize that the furniture we have is also infused with him. With memories and ugliness and pain.

For the first time in nearly three months, we were able to sit down at our dining room table and have a meal. Things aren't completely done and there is still a lot of detritus floating around, but today we sat down and had homemade bread, homemade cake, roast chicken and roasted potatoes, prepared by the amazing culinary team of mother/son. We sat at our "new" to us dining room table. Someday, I'll refinish the top but in the nearer future, I'll just make a table cloth.

There are no words to describe how happy I was to sit down with my kids (and friend!) and eat a delicious meal. I don't normally get all teary eyed over dinner but it seemed so...normal.



















Today was also spent putting the veggie garden together















And nappin' with my home dog.




















All in all, a good day.

No comments: