Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Where The Hell Is The Maid?

Twelve Days left in the Harkness Countdown.

I'm trying to figure out if we should have our get together for all of our amazing friends after our name change or wait a couple weeks and do it after the sentencing.

I'm leaning toward after the sentencing. Just because our friends will be there for the sentencing too and I really want a "wrapping up this chapter in the life" gathering.

And as much as I would love to just meet somewhere and have a restaurant do all the work, there is something appealing about having a BBQ and homemade ice cream and basking in the sun with a cold brew. I'm still wavering on it because...damn! That's a lot of work and I am so very tired just thinking about it.

Worst of all, I'd have to actually clean my house. I think the "real world" kicked in yesterday after five + months of living in a fog. I looked around and realized that the dust buffaloes grazing on my stairwell will either need to be shot or moved to their own nature preserve. And whatever that is growing on my bathroom sink just might lead to the next miracle antibiotic.

Perhaps I just need to watch a few episodes of "How Clean Is Your House" and then I'll feel better.

Sure beats watching "Divorce Court".

No comments: