Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Purina Hippie Chow

It's either mental retardation, dementia, or just plain stupidity.

I have certain things that I should just not eat. Brown rice is one of them.
What happened the last time I ate it? Demons, my friends. Demons knocking around my GI tract that no exorcist could exorcise.

So, what did I do last night? I had an hour to burn around dinner time so I went to Whole Foods and ate off their hot bar.

MMMMMM. Enchiladas and spicy corn and LOTS OF BROWN RICE.

And as I ate that damn rice, all I could think was "Why don't I eat this stuff more often? Why do I eat white rice?"

That question was answered at 3 am this morning when I couldn't uncurl from the ball of agony I was in.

Brown Rice! You ate brown rice! And you loved it! And it tasted good! And you got sick the last time you did it too!

Note to self: STOP EATING BROWN RICE. START DRINKING JACK DANIELS.

If I'm going to imbibe in something that makes me feel awful the next day, I might as well have fun doing it.

No comments: