Friday, September 11, 2009

Medicate Me With Music

There were two things that really helped me through the last nine months: Friends and music.

As I've moved through the different stages of grief, my listening habits have changed. I've moved away from the raw anger and betrayal songs that dominated the first few months and I thought that meant progress.

Then I listened to this song this morning.

Again and again and again.

The words and the video have brought me to my knees but funnily enough, it made my stomach ache go away.

The poison builds up if you let it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like this would make the perfect Fathers Day card for you know who? Although...the bastard probably wouldn't get it.

Pam M.
MI

Anonymous said...

Just listened. How fucking perfect. For all survivors. Have your kids heard it? The song is right we will not forgive. Blessings and Peace (never forgivness)
Tabatha