Tuesday, September 15, 2009

The Platform At 45th and Jay

I am consistently amazed at the trash that people will bring home.

Who am I kidding, I used to be married to one of these people.

"Hey look what I got! It was free by the side of the road!"

If I had a dime for every time I heard that, I certainly wouldn't be living in this crap shack.

So that is what I have been "undoing" for the past few weeks. "Hey, look what I just gave to Goodwill!" has been my mantra.

But now, I'm getting down to the big stuff. The stuff that I wouldn't be able to fit in my car for Goodwill and couldn't sell at the last garage sale. In other words, the garbage that I feel a particular animosity to every time I see it sitting there. The flotsam and jetsam of his life that I keep tripping over.

At first, I was hesitant to do the old "free" trick by the side of the road. I would have to put it at the end of the street so that passing cars would actually see it. I didn't know if the folks at the end of the street would appreciate my ingenuity.

But I did and voila! It's been magic!

I don't think anything has been out there more than an hour.

I still have a car engine in the garage to get rid of. I don't think putting it in a little wagon and taking it down there a'la Little Rascals would be kosher. Plus, it's just a tad heavy.

Next up, taking all of his toxic shit to the WLSSD facility for toxic shit.

I am a big fan of getting rid of his toxic shit.

1 comment:

superiorfan said...

If the engine becomes a problem to remove send me a photo by email or post it. See what my motor head friends can do.

superiorfan@gmail.com